Senior Strategic Consultant /SME, Medicaid Managed Care & Health Plan
Sellers Dorsey is a leading healthcare consulting firm specializing in Medicaid managed care, financing, policy, and health care operations. Our National Consulting Practice provides consulting services to a diverse portfolio of clients including Medicaid and Medicare health plans, state and governmental health-related agencies, health care companies and providers, private equity firms, and health-related trade associations. We help these clients navigate opportunities to secure Medicaid program contracts and strengthen their Medicaid operations and financial performance. Our teams work together to ensure client focused solutions that result in successful outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere within the U.S. as you tackle challenging and rewarding assignments. Sellers Dorsey offers market-competitive compensation that includes merit increases, paid holidays, unlimited Paid Time Off, and medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability benefits (employer paid premiums), 401(k) +match, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources.
The Senior Strategic Consultant/ Subject Matter Expert (SME) analyzes and recommends complex Medicaid managed care solutions for market position, growth, and health plan recovery for client engagements, including pre & post RFP strategic growth planning, for Sellers Dorsey’s National Consulting Practice. The Sr. Strategic Consultant is responsible for supporting all aspects of pre & post RFP activities including quality assurance. In collaboration with the client and leadership team, the Sr. Strategic Consultant supports the department Director on the strategic direction and vision for a high quality, complaint growth strategy pre & post RFP submission that exceeds client expectations. The Sr. Strategic Consultant supports positive client relationships and supports the strategic growth team including internal and external consultant resources.
- Support the entire proposal lifecycle (pre-RFP, RFP, and Post-RFP activities) including:
> Pre-market strategy / market development:
- Market development approach.
- Prior RFP competitive analysis.
- Policy and Legislative strategy alignment.
- Market Development planning and design.
- Support strategic partnerships and solutions for winning position.
- Review and validation of Win themes and proof points for RFP content.
> RFP strategic planning support:
- ADHOC writing as needed to support winning positions from market development activities.
- Manage and support customer oral presentations as needed.
> Post-RFP readiness review management:
- Readiness Review preparation to support client.
- Market growth analytics and strategy for organic growth.
- Ensures timely completion of deliverables that meet or exceed expectations for quality, competitiveness, budget and compliance.
- Support bid strategies and strategic positioning for Medicaid RFPs, Request for Information (RFIs), and related proposals/projects.
- Performs analysis and quality reviews of proposal responses.
- Offers Medicaid, public health care, and/or managed care subject matter expertise to support strategic positioning of response.
- Conducts in-depth market and competitive research. Provides analytical and strategic development support, including the analysis and synthesis of business, technical, and government documents with a high attention to detail.
- Serves as secondary contact to Client Business Owners and Functional Leaders during the pre & post RFP development process.
- Strong leadership, strategy, critical thinking, problem solving, facilitation, organization, and communication skills.
- Adept at handling multiple priorities, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others and lead teams.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree, required.
- 10+ years of experience with Medicaid Managed Care Organization and Medicaid Health Plan operations and or Provider delivery health systems.
- Experience with Medicaid market operations analytics for network, compliance, clinical, VBP, Quality, encounters, risk models.
- Experience managing deadlines is required.
- Professional proposal management certification, membership, or training, preferred.
Skills and Required Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening and critical thinking skills.
- Highly efficient, flexible, and motivated.
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with teams including Client project teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), internal and external writing teams, and proposal production teams.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities while producing high quality results under tight timeframes.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment to identify problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality, possess a professional demeanor, and exercise discretion at all times.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Share Point.
- Schedule flexibility based on timing and requirements of the proposal.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Some travel may be required.
Core Behaviors and Competencies
- Build positive relationships within and outside the Firm.
- Treat clients, strategic partners and fellow employees with respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Take ownership for one’s professional development by increasing knowledge, skills and abilities in areas that are critical to the Firm’s success.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Firm staff.
- Demonstrate formal and ad hoc team leadership in projects, issues or organizations that are critical to achieving the Firm’s strategic goals.
- Be self-motivated, and be an advocate for one’s abilities and talents, both internally and externally.
Key Performance Metrics and Expectations
- Successful completion of deliverables, tasks, projects – meeting all deadlines.
- Participate in continual professional development, keeping abreast of national best practices, as well as Medicaid and managed care trends and policies.
- Develops and implements best practices and conducts continuous process improvement activities.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability and/or sincerely held religious beliefs will be provided subject to undue hardship.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.